Spiritual cleanses are as important as physical/nutritional ones. And they often go hand in hand. Just like going deep to cleanse your body is key to weight loss and overall health, going deep and addressing our emotional, spiritual and mental home is key to getting rid of behaviors that don’t serve us, clear them out and replace them with ones that help us grow and evolve.
Many years ago in my native Puerto Rico, I discovered a wonderful bark that has been used for centuries in South America for its energetically cleansing and healing properties and now it’s becoming more and more popular in the rest of the world: Palo Santo (Spanish for Holy Wood).
Check the video below to learn the benefits of Palo Santo and how to use it!
How To Cleanse The Home With Palo Santo
This is the easiest and safest way to use Palo Santo to clear the energy of your home or work space:
- Burn 1-2 sticks at a time. Hold the bark at 45 degree angle and ignite the sticks. Let them burn for 45 seconds then blow out and allow the smoke to spread.
- Close all doors and windows to keep as much of the smoke indoors.
- Set your intentions for the energy clearing of your home. Recite your favorite prayers, mantras and/or chants out loud.
- Move around your space (including bathrooms, kitchen and dens). Place close attention to the windows, door entrances, pipes and any other areas with access to the outside of the home/space.
- When done, place the remaining stick in a fire proof bowl (metal or clay) and leave to smoke in a safe area (away from loose fabrics or furniture) overnight.
- In the morning, open all doors and windows, to allow the excess of smoke (shouldn’t be too much) to take away any lingering heavy or negative energy.