Do you feel like you crave salt regularly? Think you eat way too may salty foods? Or maybe not enough?
Yes, eating too much salt is bad, but eating too little is bad too.
Salt is necessary to control the balance of body fluids, provide vital trace minerals and is crucial for growth and reproduction.
So do you have cravings? Check out the video:
Do you Crave for salty foods.
- Cravings for foods that have a lot of salt in them even if they don’t taste salty. Examples include bread, crackers, cookies, TV dinners, and canned foods?
- Cravings for sausages, bacon, olives, seasoning blends
- Do you have fatigue, low energy and mood swings.
- Muscle cramps or slow recovery from exercise.
If so, here’s what I recommend you do:
- Test your adrenals and hormone levels. Cortisol and other stress hormone issues may be affected by sodium deficiency so check with your doctor asap.
- Pay attention to how you feel after eating foods with a lot of sodium. Listen to the cues of your body, maybe it is trying to tell you something!
- Pay attention to exercise. If you sweat a lot, rehydrate with a mixture of water and himalayan pink salt.
- Be present and celebrate where you are right now. This will help you reduce stress levels.
- Add some Himalayan sea salt to a big glass of water during dinner. This will help you not go to the bathroom a thousand times per day or at night.