Today, most of us struggle with sugar cravings and more than a few of us are downright sugar addicted! So what to do?
While there are a dozen options I can recommend, especially involving herbal remedies, I wanted to share here the top 6 hacks: quick and easy ways that are scientifically proven ways to help you reduce your sugar cravings in the short term and give you a chance to slowly learn to control and reduce your sugar intake.
Check them out here:
1. Breathe – activates parasympathetic nervous system
2. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar – Take it in pills or liquid (1 TSP in a glass of water)
3. Cinnamon spice – use in your smoothies, oatmeal, breakfasts and even soups
4. Shake around or walk around for just 5-10 mins drastically reduces your post meal sugar spike
5. Eat sour foods. When you crave sugar, eat foods that are sour and bitter. This helps to counteract sweet cravings. Include bitter ingredients like endive, dandelion greens and kale into your green smoothies or green juices. I also recommend drinking lemon-infused water daily.
6. Add fat to your meals – slows down your gastric empty
Do you know of any others? Let me know in the comments section below!