Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a real condition that affects millions in the Western World and can increase your feelings of stress, anxiety, loss of productivity, and other emotional/mental conditions. While SAD is often temporary and in most cases not dangerous, it is disruptive to your quality of life.
If you suffer from SAD or any other type of depression, please get help. There is no need for you (or anyone) to suffer alone. There are many way to help relief the symptoms of SAD.
On the other hand, if you feel a little “blue” around fall/winter, you may have a bad case of the “winter blues”. While SAD and winter blues are used inter-changeably, they are not the same. SAD is a type of clinical depression, often a life-long condition while the winter blues is often temporary and situational.
On today’s video, I’m offering some herbal remedies and holistic approaches to help relief the winter blues that may also help you manage the symptoms of SAD.
- Get out of the house – even if ti’s hard
- Take in the sun (or supplement with a Vitamin D supplement)
- St John’s Wort – known as Nature’s Prozac
- Avoid Getting Sick – Use adaptogenic herbs like Rhodiola or Panax Ginseng
- Feed your “2nd brain” – your gut with probiotics and probiotics
- Don’t isolate yourself
- Laugh out Loud
Check the video for more details! xoxo