Post Workout Recovery Smoothie
Whether working out at home or at a gym, this is one of my favorite drinks after a workout. I always include the ingredients below in my morning smoothie to help my body feel energize and recover quickly after a hard workout.
As an option, you can add vegan protein powder to your post workout recovery drinks. Here are the main ingredients on my smoothie and the reason why I love them (check them out below the video):
- Cordyceps – recovery, helping your body get ready for the next big workout
- Banana: Carbohydrates and potassium help muscles recover
- Spinach: rich in vitamins magnesium, calcium and iron. Protects and benefits eye health, reduces oxidative stress and reduces blood pressure levels.
- Blueberries: High in antioxidants that help reduce inflammation which can help counteract soreness
- Ginger: Also anti-inflammatory, which will help with soreness
- Hemp Seeds: High in protein, which helps repair and build muscles after a workout
- Chia Seeds: Also high in protein and helps you rehydrate at a cellular level
- Coconut Water: full of electrolytes, helping you replenish after a long workout. Has antioxidant properties and will help lower blood pressure.
Having a daily smoothie is one of the best ways to ensure large amounts of deeply nourishing foods your body needs for weight loss, fat burning, muscle building, elasticity, etc.